Professional Cooking Courses
Over the academic year (from February to May and from September to November), Italian Cuisine organizes four sessions of Professional Cooking Courses, designed for aspiring cooks, with daily classes from Monday to Friday.
Lessons are held in the kitchen-classroom with a methodology that alternates daily practice, theoretical insight into fundamental aspects of technique and culinary history, educational field trips and visits to local producers and themed workshops (e.g. pastry-making, meat-curing). Aspiring cooks start by studying the basics of traditional Tuscan and Italian cuisine, moving to the most recent trends from around the world, and finally to learning the professional skills to manage a kitchen line. The course includes lessons with guest instructors, each providing their own personal regional, stylistic and culinary contribution.
During each lesson, students are guided through the preparation of a complete 4-course menu (starter, first course, second course and dessert), then served at the table for a convivial lunch together.
At the end of the Course, which lasts two months, students may decide to continue their training with an internship of 4 to 6 months (960 hours total) in a restaurant selected from the best in Italy. The internship location is carefully decided with the student, based on his or her needs. For the duration of the internship, food and accommodation will be provided by the restaurant.
Italian Cuisine is accredited for education by the Region of Tuscany.
As part of the Professional Course, a series of wine and food seminars dedicated to specific topics is planned. Students will participate, assisted by industry experts specifically invited to these events.
Olive Oil Tasting
Visual examination, olfactory experience, taste.
Visual, olfactory, taste analysis. Reading labels. Sensory analysis: the eyes, nose and mouth in Tasting. Types of grapes, typicality of territories and wines. Native varieties vs. international ones. Choosing a wine: criteria for food/wine pairing. Serving methods: presenting the bottle, opening the bottle, serving temperature, ordering of wines at the table, with A.I.S. Sommelier.
Introduction to the world of bread and varieties of flour used; knowledge of methods used for leavening, from natural leavening to polish, to direct dough.
Knowledge of vacuum-sealing techniques and of cooking and regeneration systems to maintain the quality and freshness of products.
Butchering and meat-curing
Analysis and knowledge of the art and techniques of working meat, especially pork, and methods of curing and transforming it.
HACCP Course (12-hour training course).
(acronym from the English Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points). Is the system of risk analysis and control of critical points and based on the monitoring of the processing points of the foods in which there is a risk of contamination. Its purpose is to identify and analyse hazards and develop systems suitable for their control.
Signing up is simple! You can sign up by requesting the appropriate form by email or by going to the School’s receptionist. Upon registration, a 30% deposit of the total cost must be paid. The remaining 70% must be paid before the first day of class.
Any cancellations has to be communicated 40-25 days before the start of the Course. In this case, Italian Cuisine will reimburse the 30% deposit. If the cancellation occurs less than 25 days before the start of the course, it is not possible to reimburse the 30% deposit, but Italian Cuisine will give participants the chance to attend a course at the School in the coming months. Beyond the above deadline, Italian Cuisine will not be able to reimburse any amount.
Minimum Price of Professional Course: € 2.350,00 + VAT - 2 full months of professional course.
For more options of the Professional Course that include internship, italian language classes, accomodation, we invite you to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Professional Courses:
CP59A: 29 August – 21 October 2022
CP59B: 24 October – 16 December 2022
CP60A: 27 March - 19 May 2023
CP59B: 28 August – 20 October 2023
CP59B: 6 November – 22 December 2023 (7 weeks)